Buying an existing mooring

Before you buy an existing mooring you should contact MAST to check it is registered and is suitable for your boat length and design.

The registration permit has a change of ownership section on the reverse side. Alternatively a Change of Ownership – Motor Boat/Mooring form  can be completed and returned to Service Tasmania or MAST within seven (7) days of the sale.

Permits issued after 1 January 2014 are non-transferable. You can only buy the mooring device and must apply to MAST for that mooring position.  There is no guarantee of re-issue of a permit in the existing mooring location.