MAST conducts regular audits of all mooring areas state wide. With over 4,500 moorings around the State these audits focus on:
- Unregistered moorings
- Moorings that do not display a valid registration tag
- Moorings that do not use an approved buoy
- Mooring buoys/posts that are partially or fully submerged and a hazard to navigation
- Moorings with the trailing line floating free causing a hazard to navigation
- Audits conducted to date have resulted in the removal of some 300 unregistered and abandoned moorings.